Principal Backend Software Engineer
At SlashID we are rethinking the way companies manage their users to give users a better experience while respecting their privacy and keeping their data safer.
At the core of our systems are encrypted user identities with API-based modules built on top to accomplish tasks such as authentication, authorization, ID verification and many others.
Our product is on the critical path for our customers and most of them require 4 nines of uptime, hence we consider reliability the foundational part of our engineering culture.
We’re looking for people with a strong background and interest in building highly scalable and reliable systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies.
Our company is remote-first and we offer flexible working arrangements to help our team manage their daily lives in the way that works best for them.
- Work with the rest of the engineering team on our User Management, Attributes Vault and Authentication services.
- Use and adapt state-of-the-art cryptographic libraries and primitives.
- Build tooling to help monitor and analyze the platform, both in terms of security and performance.
- Work in a team of highly motivated engineers who all have an intrinsic drive to make things better.
- Use your passion for technology to ensure our platform operates flawlessly 24x7.
- Have broad exposure to our entire architecture.
- Go (Golang).
- AWS and GCP.
- Hardware Security Modules (HSM).
- Service Mesh, Envoy.
- Postgres and MySQL.
You are a good fit if:
- Have a strong understanding of reliability practices, distributed systems, and cloud native architectures and experience as a cloud or backend engineer for a multi-tenant large scale mission critical system.
- A thorough understanding of engineering best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture.
- Good understanding of multi-threading, concurrency, and parallel processing technologies.
- Are interested in building secure software, leveraging the latest cryptographic primitives.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
- Have a passion for reliable and performant systems, and care deeply about the end-user experience.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise.